At its 169th Meeting held on 24th March, 2021, the Senate approved the proposal from the Ceremonies Committee to host a blended Graduation Ceremony.
The 71st Graduation Ceremony will be a “blended” one with; a few university officials, Ph.D graduands, Masters Graduands and First Class undergraduate graduands physically present. The rest of the graduands and parents/guardians will attend virtually. It will be live on television and transmitted on all Makerere University social media platforms.
1. All first class Bachelors, Masters and PhD graduands will attend the graduation physically (in Freedom Square)
2. Graduands from CoVAB and CHS take the Hypocritical oath. They will sign the oath and hand it in at collection of their transcripts
3. The 71st graduation ceremony will be broadcast live on NTV and UBC and each session will last for 3 hours
4. Please note that parents and guardians are NOT invited to the Freedom Square. They will attend virtually
5. Academic programs eg teaching will continue during the graduation week
6. Honorary /Emeritus professorship awardees will attend virtually
To have an interactive graduation, you can register here to be connected via zoom