Leaching and Learning Through ODeL
Makerere University Senate at its Emergency meeting held on 9th August 2021 deliberated on resumption of teaching and learning through online for semester II 2020/2021 for Final Year students and Graduate programmes that had completed Semester 1 2020/2021 examinations. Senate also deliberated on the return of students on the Health Sciences programmes (starting with clinical years) for completion of Semester I 2020/2021 examinations and resumption of Semester II 2020/2021, following the authorization and guidelines from the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE).
Senate agreed as follows:
- To have a staggered/split commencement of Semester II 2020/2021.
- That teaching and learning through ODEL for Semester II 2020/2021 will commence on 30th
August 2021 for Final Year students and Graduate programmes that had completed Semester I 2020/2021 examinations.
- That reporting for students on Medical and Health Science programmes will commence with the clinical years and graduate students (As detailed in the letter from the Principal CHS attached) of College of Health Sciences (CHS) and College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biosecurity (COVAB) on 16th August 2021.
- The rest of the students in non-clinical years will resume through virtual lectures, until further guidance from NHCE and Ministry of Education and Sports (MOES).
- Academic Units and faculty members should make all preparations to update Teaching and
Learning materials on the MUELE.
- The purpose of this communication is to inform you about the decision of Senate. The detailed Semester calendar will be sent in due course
Download attachment for more details: