THE NATURAL PRODUCTS INDUSTRY ADVANCEMENT NETWORK AFRICA (NAPIANA) SYMPOSIUM ON RECONCEIVING INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE HEALTH SYSTEMS TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN SCIENCE, SOCIETAL NEEDS AND GLOBAL CHALLENGES
The NAPIANA 2022 Symposium will host different actors in the Natural Products Industry. The symposium will be crowned with the official establishment of the NAPIANA network (Natural Products Industry Advancement Network Africa) which will involve Website and Online Directory launch.
Theme: Reinforcing the Roots of Natural Products Value Chains through Transdisciplinarity for Sustainable Societal Transformation
- Local Communities as Stewards of IKHS
- COVID-19 and Natural Products Research
- Protection of Intellectual Property
- Natural Products at the Face of Climate Change
Date and Time: Monday 17th January 2022 starting 9:00 AM EAT
Venue: CTF1, Makerere University
The one-day symposium will embrace posters, presentations, policy Recommendations and exhibition. Remaining cognizant of the realities of Covid-19, the symposium will be multi-modal and include virtual participation.
This will be crowned with a Community Engagement Workshop slated for 18th January 2022 to appreciate their Stewardship for IK.
Convener: Dr. Alice Nabatanzi, College of Natural Sciences (CoNAS), Makerere University
- Dr. Brian Sekayombya, National Drug Authority (NDA), Uganda
- Dr. Grace Nambatya, Director Research – Natural Chemotherapeutic Research Institute (NCRI), Ministry of Health, Uganda
- Dr. Marco De Canha, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Professor John David Kabasa, Principal - College of Veterinary Medicine, Animal Resources and Biosecurity (CoVAB), Makerere University
- Prof. Namrita Lall, University of Pretoria, South Africa
Please note that due to COVID-19 restrictions, only invited guests will participate physically. Virtual attendees may use the credentials below to participate.
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 965 2471 1126
Please click on the links below for the programme and event brochure.