Project: Collaborative training in fisheries and aquaculture in East, Central and Southern Africa (COTRA)
The EU, under the Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, provided funding to strengthen training and research in African universities from 1st November 2017 until 31st October 2022. In this mobility programme five African partner institutions and one EU Technical partner embarked on training of professionals to achieve sustainable fisheries management and aquaculture resources for increased fish production and enhanced food and nutritional security, and hence, improved livelihood and household revenue seeking. The programme is now supporting training of masters and Doctorates following two tracks: a) degree-seeking and b) credit seeking in Fisheries Management, Aquaculture, Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, Ichthyology, Zoology and Biology. COTRA has opened the call for application from suitable PhD and MSc degree/credit seeking candidates to apply for the available positions indicated in Tables 1 and 2 before 14th May 2021 (Midnight East African time).
2.0 Conditions for all applicants
- Applicants are only allowed to apply to study in an institution outside of their home countries.
- Any applicant who has previously benefitted from EU funded mobility program and those who obtained the previous degrees from Europe does not qualify.
- Females and candidates with disabilities are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applications must be submitted fully-filled scholarship application forms available on the programme website (http://www.cotraintrafrica.org/) either online through email or postal services.
- In order to facilitate and fasten the mobility process, each applicant is advised to apply to the hosting university for admission. The admission criteria for each university can be found from their respective websites.
- Applications must be received by host and home institutions through the Country coordinator – see Tables 1 and 2 or found at http://www.cotraintrafrica.org/contacts with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th May 2021 (Midnight East African time). Download attachments for more information.