Makerere University, in partnership with Cag University, Turkey invites applications from suitable candidates from Uganda for a fully-funded Masters Scholarship for the 2021/2022 Academic year.
The programme is funded by Erasmus+ Programme under ICM /Erasmus+ KA 107 project. The programme supports students and staff in the frame of International Credit Mobility / KA107 * Cooperation on academic and cultural research. The Erasmus+ Programme aims at promoting equity and inclusion by facilitating access to participants with disadvantaged backgrounds and fewer opportunities compared to their peers. It is expected that upon graduation scholarship beneficiaries can proactively contribute towards socio—economic transformation of their communities.
Target Scholarship beneficiaries and criteria for the scholarship
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, International Relations and Globalization, Finance and Banking, International Trade and Marketing, Public Law, or Private Law from an accredited and reorganized institution, with a minimum of an Upper Second Class or its equivalent
- The Applicant must be a citizen and resident of Uganda at the time of the application and ready to stay and work in Uganda upon completion of the study
- The applicant should have at least a one-year work experience in the field of study
- Should be below 35 years of age at the time of applying
- Must be from a genuinely poor, vulnerable or disadvantage socio-economic background
- Must be ready to take on fulltime studentship at Cag University, Mersin Turkey
- Should demonstrate specific interest in pursuing a career in the field of choice
- Female applicants, people with disabilities, individuals from ethnic minority and marginalised communities are strongly encouraged to apply
Value of Scholarship
- For successful applicants, funding will cover the following areas:
- Participation costs (e.g., tuition/registration fees) of students
- Research costs (e.g., field work, laboratory consumables)
- Subsistence allowance: Masters.: 800 Euro per month
- Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs
- Insurance (Health, accident, and travel)
- Three (3) scholarships are available in this call
- The award covers only specified period for the Erasmus+ project
- The scholarship does not cover costs associated with retakes. Being asked to stay put due to poor academic performance automatically leads to cancellation of the scholarship
- Failure to complete studies and graduate within stipulated programme period without sound reason (unrelated to illness or other such conditions) will lead to automatic cancellation of the scholarship and under certain circumstances, a refund be demanded
- Every beneficially is expected to exhibit extemporary conduct both in and outside the University
How to apply
The complete application form and supporting documents must be submitted by Tuesday, 30th November 2021 to the following email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or Hand delivered to The Secretary, Department of Chemistry, Makerere University.
Submit: Certified copies of academic degrees and official transcripts, 2 paged CV, a formal identity document e.g. passport, national identity card, driver license or any other officially recognized form of identification indicating your nationality, 250 words motivation stating why you should be awarded a scholarship, two reference letters (one academic and one non-academic). The academic referee must be able to attest to your academic standing.
The deadline for submission of applications is November 30th, 2021. Submitted applications will be acknowledged within 3 working days. Successful Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the competitive selection process by email on or before 10th December 2021.
Please click on the link below to access the application form.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
For Further Information
In case of any questions regarding the programme or your application, kindly contact the following: Prof. George Nyakairu (Coordinator), Department of Chemistry, College of Natural Sciences, Makerere University or visit the links below for information on programmes offered at Cag University.