ADVERT FOR SHORT COURSES TRAINING IN AQUACULTURE
The Department of Zoology, Entomology, and Fisheries Sciences, College of Natural Sciences, Makerere University was awarded a contract under the European Union-funded PESCA project implemented by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) for the provision of training services. The overall objective of the assignment is to support training that will improve knowledge, skills, and practices that enhance aquaculture production and productivity in Uganda. This will be achieved through the following specific objectives;
1. Support the placement of undergraduate students to work (internships) with fish farmers or other suitable aquaculture value chain (AVC) actors;
2. Conduct inclusive customized short-term training with gender considerations (women, men, youth, people with disabilities) including farmers, Producer Organizations (POs), feed & seed producers, service providers, and other aquaculture stakeholders; and
3. Support MSc. research and training.
The expected outputs from the short-course trainings are:
1. Trainees (farmers, Producer Organizations, feed & seed producers, service providers etc.) with job-demanded competency skills & knowledge
2.Increased engagement of AVC actors in the training of students & review of university curricula;
3. Orientation of tertiary Fisheries and aquaculture training institutions' curricula to practical thematic areas; and
4. Compendium of different modules compiled and shared with partners.
A certificate of attendance will be issued to trainees who successfully complete the training.
B. CALL FOR APPLICATIONS: THE SHORT COURSE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
Applications are invited for 180 fully funded bursaries for six (6) trainings covering relevant modules specified in (C) below. Each course is expected to be conducted within seven (7) days jointly with the Aquaculture Research and Development Center (ARDC), Kajjansi, National Fisheries Resources Research Institute (NAFIRRI).
C. APPLICATION PROCESS
Application form should be electronically filled and submitted here: https://forms.gle/52JWCEaDH1ADcbVk7. In addition, a signed recommendation from your District Fisheries Officer or Leader of Producer Organisation should also be sent to the Head of Department (firstname.lastname@example.org), with a copy to the Team Leader, Dr. Jackson Efitre (email@example.com), and the short courses Coordinators, Juliet Nattabi Kattabi (firstname.lastname@example.org and Rosemary Nalwanga by the deadline of 30the September, 2022 at 5:00pm.
Click on the link below to access the advert with details on eligibility and the courses.