Applications are invited from suitably qualified and outstanding candidates for full-time study in any of the Master of Science/ Master of Technology (MSc/MTech) academic mobility scholarship programmes of AWaRMN in any of the Higher Education Institutions within the partnership.
- Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
- MSc Water Resource Science
- MSc Hydrology
- Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
- MTech Applied Hydrobiology
- MTech Hydrogeology
- Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
- MSc Chemistry
- University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN)
- MSc Water Resources
- National Higher School for Hydraulics (Ecole Nationale Supéprieure d'Hydraulique) (ENSH)
- Master in Hydraulics
Type of mobility (scholarships)
- Degree-seeking Mobility (long-term study that leads to an award of a MSc/MTech degree). ONLY AVAILABLE AT INSTITUTIONS NUMBER 1-4 (RU, FUTMINAA, MU, UNIKIN) under this call.
- Credit-seeking Mobility (short-term study that leads to award of credits that make up a MSc/MTech degree). ONLY AVAILABLE AT INSTITUTION NUMBER 5 (ENSH)
Group 1: Students who are registered or have previously obtained a degree from any of the AWaRMN partner institutions: RU, UNIKIN, FUTMINNA, MU, ENSH.
Deadline for submission of application is 16 July 2021 at 11:59 PM (SAST). Applicants are encouraged to begin the application process early enough to avoid last minute rush.
Applicants will be informed about the outcome of the competitive selection process by email by 21 August 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, successful candidates will be expected to resume their study for the 2022 academic session on a rolling basis depending on the institutional circumstances.
Applications with incomplete or incorrect information will not be considered.
Female applicants, people with disabilities or people from socio-economically disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications via email will be deemed ineligible and will NOT be considered.
Additional details of the application call can bve downloaded from MSc_MTech_AWaRMN-Mobility_2nd-Call_2021-06-1.
To apply click here: (https://ru.infoready4.com/CompetitionSpace/#competitionDetail/1844448
The Selection processes
After the application deadline, first the application goes to the Local Project Management Committee (LPMC) who will assess the application against the eligibility criteria and the host institution academic requirement. The LPMC at the respective institution will then make recommendations to the Project Management Committee (PMC) chaired by the Project Coordinator. The PMC will then review the recommendation and make a final determination regarding the award. Only complete applications will be considered for any form of review. The criteria for judging the quality of the application are:
- Academic merit
- Motivation for the mobility period
- Research proposal (for PhD and academic staff)
- Previous research outputs e.g., publication, research reports etc. (PhD and academic staff)
- Quality of the recommendation letters
Additional criteria that will influence the selection process include.
- Equal geographic representation of the partner universities in the mobility scheme
- Equity considerations for designated groups
- Geographical spread of applicants
Notifications of application outcome to students are done as follows:
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive an acknowledgement email, indicating that we have successfully received your application. If you do not receive this email, check that your application is submitted.
- Successful applicants will be notified via email.
- All applicants not selected for the programme are notified immediately after the selection decision has been made.
- For applicants not selected for the programme, indication of whether you are on a waiting list will also be provided as well as the procedure to follow for an appeal as well as the selection results.
- Successful applicants will receive additional communication regarding the next step.
If an applicant is dissatisfied with the outcome, the applicant may submit an appeal in writing to the AWARMN secretariat at Rhodes University no later than 7 days after receiving receipt of the application outcome notification letter.
- The AWARMN secretariat will then alert the PMC.
- The PMC will then convey and evaluate the grounds for the appeal and make a final decision.
- The decision made by the PMC will then be communicated to the applicant in writing. This second decision will be final, and no further appeal can be made.
Last Modified: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 09:44:26 SAST