Makerere University, Uganda together with its Partner Universities Leipzig University, Germany and IRGIB Africa University Benin invite young researchers and students to take part in the ABSbio Idea Competition in Uganda from 26 October to 11 December 2020.
- Are you a student or young researcher with a bio-based innovative idea that promotes sustainable use of biodiversity?
- Does your innovative idea have potential to positively contribute to the triple bottom line (people, planet & profit)?
- Do you have a solution to current biodiversity challenges?
- If so, convince us by submitting a competitive business idea and become one of the Accesses and benefit sharing – sustainable use of biodiversity (ABSbio) project idea awardee for 2020.
The aim of the competition is to develop and present innovative ideas for sustainable businesses and measures to address current biodiversity challenges based on scientific research.
- Eligible for participation are Individuals or teams of 2-3 students of Bachelors or Masters in Biological Sciences or related fields from the partner countries.
- After you have registered and joined the kick-off event you can submit your ideas through our idea management platform until 30 November 2020. In November you will have the chance to participate in a number of idea development workshops to support you in the idea development phase. Register here for the kick-off event.
Besides a participation certificate the awardees can benefit from:
- Business mentorship & coaching for the idea implementation
- A Laptop or tablet at one of the Partner Universities to work on the idea implementation
- Access to teaching materials and innovative ideas
- Networking with a team of international business experts from the African German Entrepreneurship Academy (AGEA)
- A chance to present the business idea at our digital international
symposium on 11 December 2020
- Presentation of a successful business case during
the ABSbio multi-stakeholder workshop
in Ethiopia in 2022