The Makerere University Biochemistry Society (MUBcS) is a students' body comprising of all students doing Biochemistry in the Faculty of Science at Makerere University.
The Association is managed by a 12 member executive comprising of the President, Vice President, Speaker, Deputy Speaker, General Secretary, Publicity Secretary, Treasurer, Project Coordinator, 3 year representatives (from each year) and a Patron.
Aims and Objectives of MUBcS;
- To foster the interaction of members of the association at all levels for the purpose of enhancing an amicable academic and social relationship.
- To coordinate the students to the administration on issues of exams, industrial training etc.
- To create a link between the lecturers and students, students and students, students and biochemistry alumni.
- To create awareness about employment opportunities after university by ensuring interactions between qualified people in the field and students.
- To set up projects that may be deemed important for the associations' progress as determined by the executive and / or by the general assembly.