The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is now inviting applications to Grand Challenges Explorations, which has awarded over 1070 grants in over 58 countries to date. Grand Challenges Explorations seeks innovative global health and development solutions.
Applicants can be at any experience level; in any discipline; and from any organization, including universities, government laboratories,research institutions, non-profit organizations as well as for-profit companies.
Two-page proposals are being accepted online from September 4, 2014 until November 12, 2014 on the following topics:
- Surveillance Tools, Diagnostics and an Artificial Diet to Support New Approaches to Vector Control.
- New Approaches for Addressing Outdoor/Residual Malaria Transmission
- New Ways to Reduce Pneumonia Fatalities through Timely, EffectiveTreatment of Children
- Enable Universal Acceptance of Mobile Money Payments to Create anEconomic Ecosystem that Will Help Lift the Poorest Out of Poverty
- Explore New Ways to Measure Brain Development and Gestational Age
- New Ways of Working Together: Integrating Community-Based Interventions
Initial grants will be US $100,000 each, and projects showing promise will have the opportunity to receive additional funding of up to US $1 million.
Full descriptions of the new topics and application instructions areavailable at: